Monday, May 30, 2005

In Memoriam

I have been pretty sick this weekend, and had about zero desire to write anything. I would be remiss though, if I let Memorial Day end without at least pointing you to this site on philly.com, that has obituaries of some of the local fallen soldiers.

On Friday, the Daily News put in photos of all of the local soldiers who died in action, and something about them. As I sat there, reading the list, knowing how many were the same age as me, knowing how many mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, husbands and wives have been dealt with devastating blows over the past 2.5 years, I sort of lost it.

Anyway, whether it is watching Ted Koppel say the name of each solider who died over the past year, or reading the stories and obituaries, I think it is always good to take stock, and remind yourself that these are not simply statistics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Unique Readers