Friday, January 14, 2005

Evening Bulletin

I read about the release of a new daily paper called the "Evening Bulletin" in the Inquirer a while ago. The Evening Bulletin was the best paper in Philly for most of the twentieth century. It ended its reign in 1982, but was a really great paper before that. (I don't remember this, I've learned it as a Philadelphia Librarian)
So, an ex-editor of the Main Line Times (who is quite conservative, apparently) started this afternoon paper and took the name of the great paper of the past. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has been keeping an eye on it -- it's not for sale in West Philly anywhere, but it's all over Center City.

4 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger DanielUA said...

I have seen it. I am skeptical, given the advent of the net and such, that a PM newspaper will succeed generally. And specifically, in a town like Philly, I jsut do not think there are enough conservative leaning people yearning for a conservative leaning newspaper to make this anything but a short lived project.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg said...

Really- tell the guy to just start a blog. Who even reads print papers anymore?
Actually, tell him to print as many as he can- I love to watch assholes throw their money away

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have no intention of putting it online or selling it in West Philly. If you've ever read the editor's columns he has Pennis envy, bashing the UofP in virtually every other sentence. Who wants to bet he went to a state school?

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger DanielUA said...

Uh, dont be an ass. The new Evening Bulletin sure does suck, but the last thing we need here are idiot snobs. So, I guess I just hope that was a joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Unique Readers