Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Two weeks in.

So, this site has officially existed for about two weeks. I thought I would give some quick thoughts into what is happening with it so far.

So far, we have three contributors. As of yet, only I have posted material (not counting comments), but, I hope that can change soon. That said, if you are reading this, you should think about writing something. Seriously. I think there is real potential (and a need)in a site that can network the huge amount of young people in Philly who care deeply about this unique place. But, in the end, the site wont be much if it just one guy posting what he thinks. There are so many people out there with so many interests, with so many unique perspectives, and those voices should be heard. So, if you are interested, email me (DanielUA atsymbol Gmail Dot Com) and I can put you down on the list of contributors.

So far, there have been about 300 unique readers, which I am pleasantly surprised at. Each day, the numbers seem to grow by 20 new people.

In an ideal world, if the place grows like it could, we could have 50-100 contributors, all posting their own material, be it once a day, once a month, or once a year. One of the delusions of grandeur that I have for the site would be to have a week or something where a large variety of people post about about the neighborhood they grew up in or live in now. What is it like? How is it unique in Philly? What are the biggest issues facing it, and the people in it?

So, spread the word, email me to post your own stuff, and, well, stay warm, cause it is about to get cold.

(Just in case I was not clear about my email address it is a gmail.com address. So just put together danielua with the @ and the gmail.com. There are programs the scan billions of webpages looking for email addresses to spam. So I would be wary of posting your address in its correct form, if that makes sense. That is why I don't come right out and give my address in a normal way.)

1 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i couldn't find your e-mail but would like to help with the web site. my e-mail is rhythmred@hotmail.com
oh yeah and nice work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Unique Readers